The Glamour Sauce is 4 Years old today! Now, I had dabbled with blogging on Blogspot but I was in no way serious about it and a total noob to it but it was on May 29th 2015 that I posted my very first post here at theglamoursauce.com. I wanted to take things a little more seriously and figured WordPress was the platform that I wanted to use. I never, in my wildest dreams, thought that blogging would lead me on the journey it has. This blog started as an emotional and creative outlet for me. I still talk about my personal life but not in the raw detail about my emotions that I did then. My first post photo: I thought today would be a good time to look back and review the past 4 years and look forward to the next year ahead.
- My most read post also came in 2015 when I opened up about a difficult SL relationship – 5 Signs That You May Be in a SL Relationship with a Narcissist.
- SL Calendar Girls is my most read feature every month.
- Mainstore Monday was the first regular feature that I tried to do on the blog.
- I purchased theglamoursauce.com domain
- I’ve added Instagram to my regular social media updates.
- I co-founded the Blogger & Vlogger Network
- I started to video blog and live stream via my YouTube Channel
- I found my niche! Decor blogging!
- I made amazing friends directly through blogging
- I have learned skills and techniques in photography, editing and graphic design that I have been able to directly transfer to my real life work.
There are lots more too and one of the items in the list above I’m bringing back too! Mainstore Monday will launch again this coming Monday. I’ve always been a proponent of mainstore shopping in Second Life. I love events as much as the next person…I work for two of them but I do love a good browse round a mainstore location. I started mainstoresl.com website 2 years ago to promote new releases, group gifts, mainstore events etc…anything that drives traffic to a mainstore.
What is Mainstore Monday? Well, it’s a store review of a different mainstore location. It will contain photographs and a written review and pertinent information such as group join fee, group gifts, subscriber updated…everything you can expect if you visit the store. I will start with the stores I blog for and then spread my wings to other stores too and try to keep it as a mix of fashion, decor and more. The first store I will be featuring is Granola on Monday next week.
Recently a blogger and I were talking about some negativity about blogging that was prevalent on social media. Over the four years I’ve seen lots of positivity and some negativity…the latter far less than the former thankfully. It tends to come in waves…one person posts and then it snowballs then goes away again. If social media were old fashioned newspapers it would be the equivalent of ‘Today’s news, tomorrows chip wrappers’. I have always tried to remain on the positivity side of things which brings me to the giveaway I want to do for my blogging birthday.
Shout out to… You can see from that first post I was a LeLutka girl even back then…wearing Stella mesh head and an outfit from Blueberry and shoes from Fri.day. The hair was from a store called Chemistry…I’m not sure if they are around anymore. I now have the great honour of blogging for both LeLutka and Blueberry…and I have blogged for Fri.day in the past too. So, I’m giving away L$2000 Blueberry Giftcard and L$2000 LeLutka Giftcard to one random winner.
How to Enter: I want to share our love of blogs, bloggers and photographers in Second Life and show who inspires us and who we like to follow. I could name 20 or more people that I admire and learn from daily but I am sure there are many, many others.
- To enter the giveaway simply comment on this post with the name of a blogger or photographer that you admire and a link to their blog or a recent blogpost by them.
- If you see that blogger or photographer has already been mentioned please try to choose another you like…I’d really like as many as possible to get a shout out!
- Include your SL legacy name so that I can find you if you win!
- I will choose one winner at random and announce on Monday 3rd June in the Mainstore Monday – Granola post.
You can say more about why you follow that blogger or find them inspiring in the comment if you wish as long as their name, link and your name is included.
It seems appropriate that in my photo today I am also blogging Blueberry and LeLutka. All the credits on my recent photo are below.
Good luck! I hope we get lots of links and bloggers to follow.
*Head – LeLutka – Korina
*Skin – Glam Affair – Sapphire
Eyes – AviGlam – Horizon
Ears – ^^Swallow^^ Pop Pixie