Just under 2 weeks to go and Hair Fair 2015 is going to be incredible. It’s the 10th Anniversary and every single creator taking part will be displaying a free gift for visitors to the event.
The sims themselves will be rammed for days with people browsing and searching and checking out all the awesome new hairstyles from some of SL’s top creators.
I have a few tips for how to organise yourself or what is definitely one of the biggest, best and most well-attended events on the grid every year.
- Join the in-world demo group. Copy secondlife:///app/group/2e30d166-f3e5-e2de-ff72-b3da2d06ded2/about into local chat in Second Life and click the join button. This will enable you to see the new hairs and try them on from the comfort of your own home and, probably more importantly, first!
- Hit up the Hair Fair Subscribo which can be found at The Deck This will keep you up to date on all the important Hair Fair news.
- Follow the Hair Fair Blog
- Make a folder in your inventory for the demos you will receive. Make a second folder, within that folder for the ones you want to buy when you get to the Hair Fair.
- Take the time now to set yourself up an outfit in your appearance folder that contains a minimal scripted outfit. Copy and descript the hair, clothes, items you want to wear as part of that outfit. It will make life easier for you and others when you get to the Fair. Trust me, people will be there to look at the hair not you so leave your pixel pride at the TP point along with all your scripted accessories
Why not have a demo party with friends? Grab some friends and spend a few hours going through the demos together.
Lastly, but not least, don’t forget that Hair Fair also raises money for Wigs for Kids so plan on buying a few of the charity bandanas while you’re there and have fun and raise money for a fabulous charity.
Body – Maitreya Lara
Head – Lelutka Stella
Appliers – Lara Hurley Maitreya Appliers and Iza Head Applier **NEW** @ Summerfest
Eyes – IKON Spectral Eyes – Silverleaf
Tattoo – Reckless – Afterlife
Hair – Argrace – Equestrian Cap/Dakota
Top – Vinyl – Gwen Cami Top
Pants – Gizza – Nico Skinny Jeans
Bracelets – Kunglers – Metallize Bracelets
Necklace – TonkTastic – Dog Tags
Shoes – Bubble – Street Sneakers
Pose – NanTra